Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Flores

My first day in Costa Rica, I was on a tour through the school to learn about Costa Rica and the town we were living in, Santo Domingo de Heredia. And we learned the 3 reasons Heredia is associated with Flores: 1. The first president was from Heredia, with the last name, Flores. 2. there are LOTS of flowers in this region, and 3. The people of Heredia are beautiful as flowers. Yes, these are all very true facts.

That afternoon, I went for a walk with Dinia and Seidy, which began a month and a half long addiction to stopping somewhere and snapping a photo of a plant or flower. I have SO MANY MORE than these, but a few to share:

I NOW know that Bougainvilleas are everywhere, but I fell in LOVE with this one
taking over a tree in Santo Domingo. I have SO MANY photos of this one, but this was the 1st.

I also love, the way you see so much green, and then POP of flowers against the green,
So beautiful.

At Seidy's house these beauties only open up at night. I didn't know flowers other than
Jasmine did that.

I have MANY photos of these flowers but this one is my favorite.
It looks just like a snail!

We ran into these ones at the zoo. they're like WAX!
So cool!

Another that can be found everywhere, but NEVER
failed to make me gasp. I love them so much!

There are some of my buddies as I walked to school.

Look at the contrasting colors! Just LOOK!

Fire, it's actual fire in the form of a plant!

At our hotel in La Fortuna, those not fortunate enough to be spatially efficient
knocked into these a bit. 

But look how PRETTY they are!

FINALLY the sun was shining on these friend.

Never realized HOW much they looked like the birds till I saw this one
on my walk.

I usually say hi to these on my walk home from school and think,
"mom would LOVE these"

I met this friend in Tortuguero just before a basalisk came RUNNING at me from
this direction. and I met this BEAUTY. The pole holds the flower up, and I have SO many questions.

I mentioned these fuzzy guys in my tortuguero post, but they
needed to be seen in all their glory!

Those flowers are PURPLE AND ORANGE!

Hola purple my love.

So many colors

So many pictures



















I have been SO happy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment