Friday, August 5, 2022

Manuel Antonio by Day

 By night, Manuel Antonio was the land of the frogs. And by day there were still A MILLION frogs :)

My wonderful hotel staff drove me right to the park and got me in on a tour right away (no lines for me)

Thank goodness for guides and their scopes!

Heads up, the photos loaded in the reverse order of when the photos were taken, but I am too tired to set them right, so, from last to first:


I was walking alongside a guide as we left the park, practicing my spanish,
 and he pointed out some GREAT things!

My hummingbird love has grown to epic proportions in this country.

He also noticed another guide pointing out this snake to his tour,
so he told me what we were looking at and YES, I should take a photo.

There were a number of Capuchins running around, but I was ready to go back
and get clean! Instead, I ran into this dude.


These guys really do look like fish, but like, the KING of all beasts as well.

I found the hermit crab on my own. He reminded me of home.

Watching the monkeys play around was indeed great entertainment.

Um, bamboo and asparagus- are they in the same family? Because I was POSITIVE that was a ginormous asparagus stalk.






This was the photo I took from the ground with my camera. The rest are through the guide's scope. I had seen other sloths sleeping or scratching, but when this Oso Peresoso climbed down one branch to climb up to another branch to eat, it was EXACTLY as slow and methodical as I had hoped.

I love spiders


Like LOVE spiders!

This is a crab that absolutely belongs on another planet!

I am told there is a baby on it's parent in this photo. If you see it, contact me with WHAT and HOW?

Absolutely majestic!

But animals was not the ONLY draw for my visit. OCEAN PACIFICO! One more dip before retuning to my Atlantic waters.

I have the POWER to lift (and curl) the waves!

And cause them to crash (and curl, LOOK at that curl) at my whim!

So so happy to finally see this in action!

Just AMAZINGLY beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment